Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rasgulla rasmalai





I cannot believe that I made rasmalai! I dont enjoy making sweet dishes as much as I like to make savory ones. But this one is a cheat dish. I did not really make it from scratch. I just put two things together to make one yummy dessert. I had one pack of instant rabdi mix and some mini or angoori (as the can said) of rasgullas. I just put the two together added a few extra touches and had a tasty dessert.
Ingredients
1 pack instant rabdi mix
1 can of angoori rasgulla
Dry fruits (toasted and sliced almonds, cashews, pistachios)
Cardamom powder 3 tsp
Saffron a few strands soaked in milk
1 cup of dry milk powder

Method
Cook the rabdi according to instructions. Add the milk powder and cook till done. Add the saffron and cardamom powder. Drain the sugar syrup from the rasgullas and add it to the rabdi mix. Top with nuts and refrigerate overnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment