Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stuffed Peppers





When I saw the book "The accidental vegetarian" by Simon Rimmer I just had to buy it. The cover page had a tempting picture of sweet peppers stuffed with ricotta cheese. Inside there were some other delicious looking recipes that I just had to read over and over again and savour them by  looking at the pictures. Ever since I bought the book I have been thinking of trying the recipe. I finally got down to making it today. I changed it a little bit by adding a few more ingredients like olives, pine nuts, lemon zest and chipotle seasoning and I baked the cheese and peppers. It turned out to be delicious!
 



Ingredients

4 large sweet peppers
Ricotta cheese
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
6-7 sliced olives
Zest of lemon 1 tsp
Juice of one lemon
1-2 tbsp thyme leaves
a few basil leaves (roughly chopped)
Ground pepper and salt
Chipotle seasoning
Chili oil
Oil of cooking


Method
Heat some oil in a pan till smoking hot and grill the peppers  till slightly charred. To prepare the filling mix all the other ingredients except the chili oil. Fill the peppers with the ricotta mix. It can be served just like this as a side dish.

Or.....


  
After filling the peppers with the cheese mix place it in a baking dish and drizzle some chili oil over it. Bake at 450 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Serve.









1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm.....I make a very similar dish...those big green chillies with feta cheese. :-D

    ReplyDelete