Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kadhai bhindi





 


Kadhai Bhindi
So finally here I am with my first post. Surprisingly with a not so fancy sabzi bhindi! I am not a big fan of the vegetable but  the way I like it is with lots of onion. I also dont use exact measurements for my recipes. I like to add things as I go and my recipes for the same dish too changes often. Just like the story of the stone soup, I often start with nothing and end up with something  surprisingly delicious.
Ingredients
Okra/bhindi (cut into rounds), 2 -3 small or 1 large onion, grape tomatoes, yellow, orange and red peppers, 1-2 cloves or garlic, cilantro.
Dry masalas like turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.




Method
Heat oil, add mustard and cumin seed. Let them splutter then add the cut okra. Cook on medium high heat stirring occasionally till the okra is not gooey anymore. Now add sliced onion and and all the peppers and the dry masalas. I like to add salt at the end so that the vegetables dont shed water and become soft. Now finally add the halved grape tomatoes and grated garlic. Top with some black pepper, cilantro and a splash of lemon juice. I like to eat this with some fresh salad, roti and dal tadka.







 










No comments:

Post a Comment