Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pesto pizza




I have been trying to make pesto at home for a long time and it never came out perfect. Finally after trying a lot of different permutations and combination I finally got it right. Here is a recipe for the pesto.

Ingredients 
3/4 cup basil leaves
1tbsp pinenuts
3-4 large garlic cloves
3-4 pieces of walnuts
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste






Method

Put all the ingredients except the parmesan cheese and olive oil in a food processor and pulse it a few times. Now gradually add the olive oil and and parmesan cheese and blend well. Add some salt and pepper to taste. It can be used to make sandwiches, added to pasta or you can make pizza with it.  I found some soy pita bread which I used as a base. Then I applied pesto generously on it. Topped it with sliced mozzarella and tomato slices. Bake it in the oven till the cheese melts.









2 comments:

  1. Didoo!!!! This is pure torture! I LOVE pesto and I want to bite into that pizza RIGHT NOW! :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ! learnt about ur site thru REva's basil round up !! Happy to follow you !

    cheers
    Kalyani

    ReplyDelete